Renault Trucks is making available a new version of its free EcoCalculator application to hauliers and its network. This offers the possibility of calculating a truck’s environmental footprint, the savings in fuel and polluting emissions it can achieve as well as the quantity of CO2 emitted for every service they provide (a legal requirement in France since 1 October 2013). Finally, the application is also able to calculate the cost of vehicles’ polluting emissions throughout their operational lives which are required when submitting bids in response to European public calls for tender.
The EcoCalculator application, available free of charge from the AppStore (http://bit.ly/ToBXJ2) and Google Play (http://bit.ly/TlBUug) is an easy and quick to use tool designed for company managers, owner drivers, fleet managers and operational drivers who are asked to carry out this task. The application works with all Renault Trucks vehicles, irrespective of the energy they use or their Euro classification. All the results obtained can be saved or forwarded directly by email.
First of all, the EcoCalculator is able to calculate the environmental footprint made by a single vehicle or an entire fleet. After having entered various different elements (fuel, consumption, size, etc.), managers can immediately see the financial and environmental advantages of lower fuel consumption. They can also more accurately calculate their savings in Euros and measure the environmental benefits for each one of the pollutants concerned by the Euro standards (nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and particulates) as well as CO2 emissions. This calculation can be carried out irrespective of the energy used in the vehicle (Diesel, compressed natural gas - CNG, B30, hybrid or electric).
EcoCalculator can also provide the level of CO2 emitted for every haulage service provided by a company. In France, this indicator has been compulsory since 1 October 2013. It concerns all transport services involving a pickup or delivery in France. By entering the vehicle’s characteristics (kilometrage, type of engine, consumption, etc.), managers are immediately shown the level of CO2 emitted by the service being provided. The calculations made by the application are based on the vehicle’s usage and the energy produced. The coefficient used is the one supplied by the French authorities in April 2012.
Finally, the third function offered by the application is its ability to calculate the cost of pollutants emitted by vehicles throughout their entire operational lives. This calculation is important for company managers and vehicles’ distribution networks in as much as it has now become a compulsory component of any bid made in response to public calls for tenders issued in the European Union. Once again, the EcoCalculator provides managers with a straightforward and efficient means of providing the level of emissions and their corresponding cost in Euros. These tools are based entirely on the vehicle’s use as stipulated in the regulations, on data concerning Renault Trucks engines (which have emission levels that can in fact be lower than those required by the standards), as well as on the data demanded by the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME) and its Carbon Base as far as CNG is concerned, together with the values detailed in the European directive 2009/33/EC.
Renault Trucks was one of the very first manufacturers to have developed applications for smartphones to assist truck drivers and hauliers in their everyday operations. The manufacturer currently offers eleven such applications via the AppStore and Google Play.
There are now eleven applications available from the AppStore and Google Play:
• The Range (free): a very easy way of discovering the whole new Renault Trucks Euro 6 range.
• Cost Saver (free): to reduce the overall cost of vehicle usage, taking into account each hauliers’ individual circumstances and needs.
• EcoCalculator (free): A calculator for assessing the environmental impact a Renault Trucks vehicle or fleet has as well as the financial gain resulting from lower fuel consumption.
• Truck Fuel Eco Driving (free): a game for practicing economic driving.
• NavTruck (for purchase): the HGV dedicated GPS application supplying direct guidance and advice for reducing fuel consumption.
• Time Book (free): the driving logbook for the 21st century which manages driving and rest time.
• DeliverEye (free): the application which allows users to send a photo stamped with the date, hour and place where it was taken in the event of delay or damaged goods.
• Renault Trucks Network (free): to find all the sales and service outlets with a single click.
• Selected for you (free): to find and share the most useful applications available on https://mobile.renault-trucks.com/SelectedForYou within a few seconds (from a mobile phone).
• Renault Trucks Racing (free): the truck racing simulation game also available in high definition for the iPad.
• Truckers Gallery (free): a photo gallery for sharing your enthusiasm for trucks with photos of vehicles from all