A few days after the presentation of its totally renewed range, in Lyon, Renault Trucks is getting ready to turn the page on the Renault Magnum. On Wednesday 26 June, the keys to the last Magnum were presented to hauliers Robert Chabbert, at the Bourg-en-Bresse site, with a brand-new Renault Trucks T also present.
23 years ago, the first AE, which was to evolve into the Magnum, rolled off the assembly lines. This innovative vehicle with a flat cab floor has revolutionised the world of road haulage.
A few days ago, Renault Trucks presented its new range of Euro 6 compliant vehicles in Lyon. In particular, the manufacturer introduced its new long haul vehicle, the Renault Trucks T. True to the legacy of the Magnum, this vehicle borrows from its forerunner's concept with a cab "set” on a technical platform and offering, like the Magnum, a version with a totally flat cab floor.
On Wednesday 26 June, the last two Magnums rolled off the Bourg-en-Bresse production lines. One of them was delivered to hauliers Robert Chabbert at Bourg-en-Bresse, and the second will be presented to the Berliet Foundation Conservatory, where it will join a long line of vehicles bearing witness to a history which began in 1894.
A 23 year long career
• In 1990, a revolutionary concept was born: the Renault AE with a flat floor and a cab 1.87 m high. The innovative design, with unprecedented roominess, total freedom of movement and comfortable on-board living offered by the unique Renault Magnum cab made it the most comfortable truck on the market.
• In 1991 the Renault Magnum was voted "Truck of the year".
• In 1997, a new interior gave the driver even greater comfort. In 2005 and 2006, the Renault Magnum was offered with a new chassis and new units to meet the demands of the Euro 5 standard.
• In 2008, the Renault Magnum cab was given greater height and additional storage capacity.
• In 2011, Renault Trucks launched the Magnum Legend, a limited edition of 99 numbered vehicles which adopted the black and white colours of its ancestor, the AE.
Founded in 1969, Transports Chabbert offer combined transport solutions and also the transportation of maritime containers. This haulage firm is one of the leaders in the highly competitive field of maritime container transportation. Their fleet, made up exclusively of Renault Trucks vehicles, consists of 60 tractors, 50 of which are Magnums. In 2013, Transports Chabbert placed an order for 22 Magnums.
Complete press file about the Magnum:
20 years of success for the Renault Magnum
Picture 1 : Robert Chabbert in front of the last Magnum
Picture 2 : from left to right, Marc Martinez Vice-President of Renault Trucks France, Eric Bruyere head of Barriac, Renault Trucks dealership in Castres, Robert Chabbert, president of Transports Robert Chabbert, Gérard Delin, operator in the Bourg-en-Bresse plant, Frédéric Brun Vice-President of Bourg-en-Bresse plant, Michel Girod, Vice-President of Commercial Vehicules Renault Trucks and Bruno Blin, Vice-President of Renault Trucks.